This Clean Eating Spanish Chicken is a great way to use up any leftovers from your Clean Eating Slow Cooker Whole Chicken. It can be put together quickly with a few cupboard staples and is far more cost effective than purchasing a very similarly tasting Chicken Tonight sauce!
I think the olives taste amazing in it, but if you are not a fan of olives you can just leave them out or substitute them for a red or green pepper.
If you don’t have any leftover chicken you can use fresh chicken. Just cook some raw diced up chicken in the olive oil until it is white before adding the vegetables, then cook for an extra 5 – 10 minutes in the sauce until the chicken is cooked through.
This tastes great with any wholegrain pasta, rice, quinoa or potatoes along with a side salad or some steamed vegetables.
Olives…. love them or loathe them?
Clean Eating Spanish Chicken
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
This Clean Eating Spanish Chicken is a great way to use up any leftovers from your Clean Eating Slow Cooker Whole Chicken.
- 1/2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion diced
- 1 Courgette halved lengthways and then siced
- 1 Yellow Pepper diced
- 4 small Garlic Cloves minced
- 2x 390 grams Chopped Tomatoes 2 cartons
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 3 teaspoons Bouillon Stock Powder organic, reduced salt if possible
- 200 grams Shredded Chicken pre cooked
- 2 Tablespoons Green Olives - optional
- 2 Tablespoons Black Olives - optional
- Place the olive oil into a saucepan with the chopped onion, courgette and yellow pepper and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- After the vegetables have softened, mince in the garlic and let it cook for 30 seconds, whilst stirring.
- Add all of the other ingredients, including the pre cooked chicken and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Make sure that the chicken is completely heated through and serve with potatoes, pasta or rice.