You can never have too many ways to make bolognese, especially when it’s your children’s favourite meal. This recipe is a great spin on a classic family meal adding extra flavour and warmth from red and yellow peppers.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click her to sign up!
I like hiding vegetables in everything I cook (much to my husbands dismay). My boys aren’t big salad eaters although they will eat what I ask them too, hiding vegetables in our meals means that I don’t worry too much about them getting their 5 or 7 a day in, because they will eat bolognese regardless of what vegetables are in it.
I used Eversfield Pork Mince for this recipe but you could use beef or turkey mince if you preferred.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Turkey Lentil Bolognese
- Clean Eating Mushroom & Spinach Turkey Bolognese
- Clean Eating Kale, Lentil & Pork Ragu
Clean Eating Pork & Pepper Bolognese
- Yield: 6+ Servings
This recipe is a great spin on a classic family meal adding extra flavour and warmth from red and yellow peppers.
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I used avocado oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 400-500 grams Pork Mince
- 100 grams Mushrooms finely diced
- 2 Peppers I used 1 Red and 1 Yellow finely diced
- 2 teaspoons Dried Basil
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
- 400 grams Chopped Tomatoes I used Mr Organic
- 200 ml Water
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspon Sea Salt Flakes
- Place the oil, onion and pork mince into a saucepan and cook on a medium heat for about 3 minutes or until the mince is no longer pink.
- Add the diced mushrooms, peppers and kale and cook for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomato puree and stir.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and water followed by the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Once bubbling, reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, serve with your choice of wholegrain spaghetti.