Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click her to sign up!
A quinoa salad is a perfect meal for anyone on the Clean Eating 30 Day Challenge. You can make it up in advance and portion it into containers for lunches or dinners on the go. Ideal for anyone who needs to take lunch to work, quinoa is a protein packed little seed and will keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer.
You can also whizz up a bunch of pesto (I like to make 3-4 times the amount in the recipe) to store in the freezer or to use in meals throughout the week. Pesto keeps well in the fridge topped with a little extra olive oil in an airtight container for around 5 days.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Quinoa Funfetti Salad
- Clean Eating Greek Quinoa Salad
- Clean Eating Turkey, Pesto, Feta Meatballs
Clean Eating Pesto Quinoa Salad
- Yield: 4+ Servings
If you are like me and are in need of a little bit of summer sunshine on a cold, wet January day then this should do the trick. A bowl full of all things fresh, clean and beautiful.
- 180 grams Quinoa
- 4 Tablespoons Clean Pesto see recipe link above
- 200 grams Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 Yellow/Orange Pepper or half of each - diced
- 1/2 Cucumber diced
- 1/2 small Red Onion diced
- 100 grams Feta Cheese optional
- Rinse the quinoa and then add it to twice it's volume of liquid, either stock or salted water.
- Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat to low and allow it to simmer gently with the lid on for around 12 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Once cooked, allow to cook slightly before adding the pesto and stirring thoroughly.
- Add all of the other chopped vegetables and serve.
- Top each plate with crumbled feta cheese if desired.