Just when I thought the summer had arrived, the heavens open and remind us all that we live in Britain, not Spain.
With the chillier days come the need for some comfort food. Today especially as I had to fetch out my winter boots to do the school run. This chilli was just what I needed to warm up and cosy down on a rather grey day.
Black beans are quickly becoming my new favourite ingredient. They are so versatile, so tasty and the best thing… My little man doesn’t pick them out of his dinner like he usually does with kidney beans! Black beans are smaller and softer and easier to disguise in your meal whilst bulking it out and adding extra flavour and protein.
This chilli is packed with different flavours and textures and is a great hearty meal perfect for feeding a crowd. You could serve it with wholegrain rice, baked potatoes or quinoa and a side salad. If you want to make it extra fancy you could top it off with some sour cream, grated cheese and avocado too! Yum!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
You may also like:
Clean Eating Organic Beef & Black Bean Chilli
- Yield: 6 Servings
This chilli is packed with different flavours and textures and is a great hearty meal perfect for feeding a crowd. You could serve it with wholegrain rice, baked potatoes or quinoa and a side salad.
- 1 tsp Oil of choice I used Avocado Oil
- 1 Red Onion diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 400 grams Organic Beef Mince
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced/finely iced
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 1/2 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 2 tins/cartons Chopped Tomatoes
- 200 ml Water
- 1 tin/carton Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 100 grams Corn I used frozen
- 1 handful Fresh Coriander to serve
- Place the oil, onion, peppers and beef into a large saucepan and cook over a medium heat until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add the garlic, tomato puree, herbs and spices and stir to combine.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and the water and bring to a boil
- Once bubbling, reduce the heat to low and cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the lid and add the black beans and sweetcorn and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, serve with wholegrain rice and fresh coriander.