I used to make overnight oats when I lived at The Kitchen Shed, but after a disastrous experience with a raspberry and slivered almond combo I was put off for life and honestly never imagined I would ever make overnight oats again.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
But overnight oats are actually very genius. You make your breakfast before you go to bed and it’s ready to grab and go when you wake up in the morning. I had to give them another try and I am so glad I did! Inspired by my Clean Eating Winter Porridge Oats, this is a winning flavour combination and a million miles away from the awful memories of soggy slivered almonds…. *Shudders*
This week I am posting recipes using Graham’s Organic Unhomogenised Whole Milk, my milk of choice for my family. When I prioritise what I want to buy that is organic vs what I can live without, dairy products are always at the top of the list. I like to know that the animals that make our milk are fed an organic diet and hopefully are living a healthier life and unhomogenised milk means less messing around with the natural product, that’s what clean eating is all about. You can purchase this milk from Waitrose.
This recipe is naturally sweet, creamy and so delicious! Perfect for those busy mornings when you know you are going to be running short on time. Whip this together the night before and wake up to a healthy, hearty breakfast which will fill you up and give you the energy you need for the rest of the morning.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Apple Pie Porridge
- Clean Eating Date & Walnut Porridge
- Clean Eating Apple Muesli Doughnuts
This post was commissioned by Graham’s, The Family Dairy. All content including recipe, photos and opinions are my own.
Clean Eating Apple & Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Yield: 1 Servings
This recipe is naturally sweet, creamy and so delicious! Perfect for those busy mornings when you are running short on time.
- 40 grams Jumbo Rolled Oats
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Dates finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Cashew Nut Butter
- 1/2 small Apple chopped
- 125 ml Graham's Organic Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon Honey or Maple Syrup optional, this is naturally sweet so add at the end if necessary
- Place the ingredients into a glass jar or cup in the order listed above, except for the maple syrup.
- Stir together, cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, top with additional apple pieces, nut butter, cinnamon and maple syrup if desired.