Ooooh I do love me some banana bread! It’s an easy and delicious way to use up those black bananas that get left hanging around in your fruit bowl.
Banana bread has been on my ‘to blog’ list for a while now so I am so pleased to finally share this recipe with you. This makes a great dessert, afternoon treat or breakfast along with some fresh fruit. It is also great served with a little natural nut butter. Make sure those banana are good and black for a sweet and most delicious bread.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Banana Nut Breakfast Cookies
- Clean Eating Banana Ice Cream
- Clean Eating Wholewheat Banana Bread Muffins
Clean Eating Wholewheat Banana Bread
- Yield: 1 loaf
This makes a great dessert, afternoon treat or breakfast along with some fresh fruit. It is also great served with a little natural nut butter.
- 200 grams Self Raising Wholemeal Flour
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil or Organic Unsalted Butter melted
- 3 Over Ripe Bananas
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease your loaf tin with a little coconut oil or butter.
- Combine the flour and cinnamon in a mixing bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Melt the coconut oil or butter and leave to one side.
- Whisk the eggs together, then add the honey or maple syrup, melted coconut oil or butter and mashed bananas and whisk until everything is well combined.
- Place the banana mixture into the flour mixture and fold everything together until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Place the banana bread mixture into your loaf tin and cook for approximately 40 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove from the tin and allow to cool before slicing and serving.