This is a really quick and delicious meal which can be on the table in less than 20 minutes. That’s the kind of dinner I like a lot! Pasta is always a crowd pleaser too so this new fresh dish is sure to be a hit at your dinner table.
You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click her to sign up!
I love creamy dishes, but they don’t love me when they are loaded with cheese, cream and milk. My body is quite sensitive to food and most dairy will leave me with a migraine. However, I have found that there are a few lower trigger dairy options that I can usually tolerate like goats cheese, cottage cheese and ricotta cheese.
I used ricotta cheese in this recipe and I was able to create a delicious creamy consistency and flavour with just 4 tablespoons. Perfect for those wanting to keep an eye on their dairy intake or who like me don’t do too well on too much. This dish is a gorgeous bowl of comfort food. Packed with delicious seasonal veggies and tomatoes, perfect for a beautiful Spring evening.
You can use any wholegrain penne pasta you like but I used my favourite organic brown rice penne pasta from Rizopia.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Turkey Brown Rice Pasta Bake
- Clean Eating Turkey Broccoli Brown Rice Pasta
- Clean Eating Vegan Carbonara
Clean Eating Creamy Chicken & Pepper Pasta
- Yield: 4 Servings
This is a really quick and delicious recipe which can be on the table in less than 20 minutes.
- 300 grams Wholegrain Penne Pasta I used Rizopia Brown Rice Penne
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I used Avocado Oil
- 2 Peppers sliced
- 500 grams Chicken Breasts thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt and a pinch of black pepper
- 250 grams Cherry Tomatoes
- 80 grams Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced/finely grated
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil Sliced
- 4 Tablespoons Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Pinch Chilli Flakes to serve - optional
- Place the oil, peppers and chicken into a non stick pan (I used my wok) and season with salt and pepper. Cook on high for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, cook your pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the tomatoes and spinach to the pan and allow to wilt for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once wilted add the garlic and basil and stir through well. Remove from heat.
- Add the ricotta cheese to the pan and stir until well combined (it wont look pretty at first but keep stirring through).
- Drain your pasta and add to the chicken pan. Toss well to combine.
- Serve with a side salad and top pasta with chilli flakes or grated cheese if desired.