Today my littlest man turns 2. I love my kids birthdays, better than I love my own birthday and for my food loving little chunck I wanted to make a special birthday breakfast that he would enjoy.
Boy, will he enjoy this! I know its not THE HEALTHIEST thing he could be eating, but it is clean and it will do his body more good than a bowl of Coco Pops would (or Fruit Loops which my eldest son ate for his 2nd birthday…. Oh how times have changed!).
This Clean Eating Cinnamon French Toast is SO good! It tastes insane with maple syrup and berries. It is the perfect Clean Eating Breakfast or Brunch for a special occasion. I’m just glad the recipe is published here so that my husband can make it for me on my birthday! No excuses now dear!
Helpful Tip: Open up your windows to allow the ‘frying’ smell to escape easily. Don’t worry though, I promise it will be worth the smell!
You may also like:
Clean Eating Cinnamon French Toast
- Yield: 4 Servings
This Clean Eating Cinnamon French Toast is SO good! It tastes insane with maple syrup and berries. It is the perfect Clean Eating Breakfast or Brunch for a special occasion.
- 4 slices Clean Wholemeal Bread
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil 1/4 teaspoon for each
- 1 Egg
- 100 ml Milk of choice I used Almond Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 handful Fresh Berries to serve
- - Pure Maple Syrup Or Honey to serve
- In a bowl or jug, whisk together the egg, milk and cinnamon.
- Place the egg mixture into a shallow bowl or plate.
- Heat up 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil in a non stick frying pan.
- Once hot, turn the heat to medium/low.
- Take a slice of bread and dip each side into the egg mixture. Don't leave it to soak in, just dunk - turn - dunk - allow excess to drip off for a few seconds then place it into the pan.
- Cook for 2 - 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, with no remaining wet egg mixture.
- Serve with fresh berries and pure maple syrup. Yum!