Some mornings I wake up and I just need to eat carbs. Toasted wholemeal bread with nut butter, or a big bowl of oats usually does the trick. Other mornings, I wake up and just fancy something light and this recipe fits the bill perfectly!
One thing I have learnt from striving to eat clean for all of these years is that it is essential to change things up a bit. It is no fun eating the same things over and over again. Clean food doesn’t need to be boring, so by using herbs and spices you will ensure that your food is always exciting and delicious! If you don’t think you could face ‘Mexican’ in the morning, then maybe you could use this as a nutritious snack later on in the day.
Either way, Clean Eating Avocado Mexican Eggs is a great meal, packed with protein and healthy, essential fat. Its flavour packed and can be easily dressed up. Try adding some diced tomatoes, red onion or sliced peppers for extra vitamins and added crunch.
Clean Eating Avocado Mexican Eggs
- Yield: 1 Servings
Clean Eating Avocado Mexican Eggs is a great meal, packed with protein and healthy, essential fat. Its flavour packed and can be easily dressed up. Try adding some diced tomatoes, red onion or sliced peppers for extra vitamins and added crunch.
- 1/4 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 20 grams Cheese organic if possible
- 1/2 Garlic Clove optional
- 1 small handful Fresh Coriander or Parsly optional
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 pinch Dried Chilli Flakes optional
- In a jug or bowl, whisk up your egg and egg whites with the ground cumin.
- Grate in the cheese and the garlic and whisk again.
- In a non stick pan, heat up the oil over a medium/high.
- Once the oil is hot, add the egg mixture and turn the heat to low.
- Stir the eggs whilst they cook, until they are done. (Just a couple of minutes).
- Once cooked turn off the heat and set to one side.
- Halve the avocado and remove the stone from the middle.
- Scrape out some of the center with a spoon so that the eggs sit nicely inside. (Alternatively you could just slice up the avocado and serve it on top of the eggs.
- Assemble your eggs and avocado and sprinkle with dried chilli flakes and fresh chopped coriander/parsley.
- Serve and enjoy.