We are well into comfort food season here at The Kitchen Shed so I am trying to recreate those classing warming dishes in a healthier way.
We didnt eat a lot of shepherds pie/cottage pie when I was growing up, but my mum did often make savoury mince and mashed potato, a sort of deconstructed shepherds pie. It was lush and still one of my favourite mum cooked meals.
This turkey and lentil mince is just as savoury and satisfying but a lot leaner and cleaner. Packed with healthy nutrient rich veggies and cooked in homemade chicken stock, you cant get much more wholesome than that!
Clean Eating Turkey Lentil Savoury Mince
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
We are well into comfort food season here at The Kitchen Shed so I am trying to recreate those classing warming dishes in a healthier …
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I used Avocado oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Celery Stalk finely sliced
- 500 grams Turkey Thigh Mince
- 150 grams Closed Cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Tomatoe Puree
- 1 handful Kale finely sliced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 500 ml Stock I used homemade chicken stock
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 tin/carton Cooked Lentils
- 200 grams Pre Cooked Carrots
- Place the oil, onion and celery into a saucepan and soften over a medium low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the turkey mince and cook until it is no longer pink.
- Add the mushrooms and kale and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and garlic and stir. Pour in the stock and add the salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then turn the heat to medium and allow to bubble for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add the lentils and cooked carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with potatoes and steamed green veggies.