The house is finally free of Christmas leftovers and normal cooking has resumed. Tonight we are having soup for dinner because heaven knows our bodies need all the vegetables they can get!
Before Christmas I was experimenting with homemade party food for the festive season. Inspired by Jamie Olivers herb stuffed pigs in blankets that my sister makes every year I decided to try the same idea but with some mini turkey fillets and they were a big hit!
These work great as part of a buffet and are a lot nicer than shop bought party finger food too! If you don’t like turkey, you could use mini chicken fillets too.
You may also like:
Clean Eating Turkey in Blankets
- Yield: 12-15 (4-5 Servings)
- Ready In:
These work great as part of a buffet and are a lot better for you than shop bought party finger food too!
- 400 grams Turkey Mini Fillets you could also use chicken
- 1 small bunch Fresh Sage Leaves
- 5 slices Prosciutto (preservative free) each slice cut lengthways into 3
- Preheat the oven to 180*C and lightly oil a baking tray.
- Cut the turkey fillets into uniform finger sized pieces (making 12-15).
- Place a sage leaf with the stalk removed onto each piece of turkey and then carefully wrap the turkey in prosciutto making sure the sage leaf is covered.
- Place the wrapped turkey onto the baking tray and continue until all the turkey has been wrapped.
- Sprinkle the turkey with a little cracked back pepper and place into the oven for aprox 20 mins, or until cooked through.
- Once cooked, allow to cook slightly before serving, topped with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley. (Once cold, leftovers are great in sandwiches!)