I’ve been using my ActiFry a lot recently. It was gifted to me a few years ago from Tefal and I absolutely love it. My favourite thing about it is how quickly and evenly it cooks food, plus no preheating needed which is a bonus!
I have been eating a lot of salads recently but have been in need of some extra carbs so I decided to make some lush croutons with my favourite real wholemeal bread from the Hambleton Bakery. I was so impressed with how well these cooked, crunchy and flavour packed and done in 10 minutes.
You can use whatever thick bread you like to make these. I added 1 tsp of oil per slice of bread and mixed up my herbs and spices in with the oil before pouring it over the cubed bread then tossed together until well coated.
Clean Eating Garlic Rosemary Wholewheat Croutons
- Yield: 4 Servings
I added 1 tsp of oil per slice of bread and mixed up my herbs and spices in with the oil before pouring it over the cubed bread then tossed together until well coated.
- 4 slices of thick Wholemeal Bread
- 4 tsp Oil of choice I used Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules/Powder
- 1/8 tsp Fine Sea Salt I used Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Cut the bread into thick cubes and place into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, rosemary, garlic and salt and pour over the cubed bread.
- Toss the bread around in the oil until evenly coated.
- Place the oiled bread cubes into the ActiFry and cook for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving on soup or salad.