I have had a hard time breaking up with the summer. I know I should be embracing the Autumn and all the wonderful things that the cooler weather brings but I am really missing the sunshine… and my flip flops!
This meal brought back a little summer goodness to our dinner table tonight though. It was simple and delicious and the best thing about it was that it took less than 15 minutes to put together.
You can fancy it up any way you like. You could serve it with some chicken or turkey or just top it with some organic cheese or natural yoghurt. If you are still after the protein but want to keep it vegan/vegetarian then you could add some beans or chickpeas and if you are feeling spicy a chilli would work wonders added to the tomatoes!
You may also like:
Clean Eating Tomato, Basil & Spinach Linguine
- Yield: 4 Servings
You could serve it with some chicken or turkey or just top it with some organic cheese or natural yoghurt. If you are still after the protein but want to keep it vegan/vegetarian then you could add some beans or chickpeas and if you are feeling spicy, a chilli would work wonders added to the tomatoes!
- 300 grams Wholegrain Linguine or wholegrain spaghetti of choice
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 500 grams Baby Plum Tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves minced/finely grated
- 1 large handful Fresh Basil Leaves sliced
- 100 grams Fresh Spinach Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 pinch Fine Sea Salt to taste
- Cook the linguine according to the packet instructions. Mine took 7 minutes.
- Whilst the linguine is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large non stick pan. I used a wok.
- Add the baby tomatoes and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes. You can sprinkle these with a little sea salt if desired.
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and stir through the minced garlic and sliced basil leaves. Top with the spinach leaves.
- Drain the linguine and then pour it over the tomatoes, basil and spinach.
- Drizzle over the oil and lemon juice and give everything a quick toss before covering and allowing to sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, toss again and season with sea salt and extra lemon juice if necessary.
- Serve with extra basil leaves, organic cheese or a little natural yoghurt and a colourful side salad.