This is my Husbands new favourite Clean Eating meal. (His last favourite was Clean Eating Chicken and Sweet Potato Curry). I am thrilled about this because it means that I can give him something he loves to eat on Meat Free Mondays and he wont mind a bit about missing out on his animal protein. Hurrah!
Clean Eating Pesto Pasta is quick and easy, perfect for a meat free meal. I used my Clean Eating Kale, Walnut and Basil Pesto for this which is delicious! I thought the addition of the Nutritional Yeast just made it, but you could substitute that for parmasan cheese if you wanted to, or just enjoy it by itself.
I get my wholewheat bow tie pasta from my local health food shop. I haven’t ever seen it anywhere else but I know that Sainsburys sell a range of quirky wholewheat pasta shapes, if you wanted to make this meal a little more fun!
What is your favourite pasta type/shape?
You may also like
- Clean Eating Turkey Brown Rice Pasta Bake
- Clean Eating Vegetable Lasagne
- Clean Eating Turkey Bolognese
Clean Eating Pesto Pasta
- Yield: 4 Servings
Clean Eating Pesto Pasta is quick and easy, perfect for a meat free meal. I used my Clean Eating Kale, Walnut and Basil Pesto for this which is delicious!
- 300 grams Wholegrain Pasta I like Brown Rice Penne or Wholewheat Bow Ties
- 4 Tablespoons Clean Pesto see above for recipe link
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast or parmasan cheese (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Once cooked, drain and place back into the saucepan.
- Add the pesto and the nutritional yeast and stir until all the pasta is lightly coated
- Serve with a side salad or vegetables or with some chicken, prawns or tofu.