Have you ever tried polenta chips before? We have had them a couple of times at Jamie’s Italian restaurant and loved them, so when Tefal kindly offered to send me an ActiFry, I knew that I wanted to re create the tasty potato-less chips in it!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click her to sign up!
I have been eyeing up my Mother in Laws ActiFry for a long time now and so being able to use one this week has been so much fun. I am literally Actifrying everything! (I just put my boys to bed and came down to make myself some cinnamon spiced apples to warm me up). SO GOOD! I am in love!
The Actifry Express XL is so easy to clean and reassemble which is always important to me when trying out a new kitchen appliance. It is like having an oven and a hob all in one on the counter top. There is no waiting around for it to pre heat, you just put your ingredients in, close the lid and turn it on.
One of the key features and benefits of the ActiFry is its ability to cook and crisp up food without using lots of oil. Some recipes need no oil at all. This is definitely a great plus for the health concious cook who still wants to enjoy delicious comfort food. I cannot wait to see what else it can do and I’m sure that there will be many more ActiFry recipes coming to the blog very soon.
These Polenta Chips are so tasty. They leave the kitchen smelling gorgeous and are a wonderful change from regular potato chips. The ActiFry makes them deliciously crunchy on the outside whilst keeping them soft and fluffy on the inside. Genius!I know that a lot of you are ActiFry fans too from our recent post on Facebook. I am definitely converted and can see how this new kitchen appliance is going to be a great help at meal times. Thank you Tefal!
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
Tefal have been very generous and are offering one of you the chance to win TWO tickets to the Ideal Home Show at Olympia London between 18th March – 3rd April.
All you have to do to win is:
- Comment below and tell me your favouire thing to cook in your ActiFry. (If you don’t have an ActiFry yet, you can comment with what you would like to make in one).
This giveaway closes at midnight on Tuesday 15th March 2016 and a winner will be announced here on the blog on Wednesday 16th March. The winner will need to send me their postal address WITHIN 24 HOURS of being announced otherwise another winner will be picked in their place.
Good Luck! xox
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
Clean Eating Rosemary Polenta Chips with ActiFry
- Yield: 2 Servings
These Polenta Chips are so tasty. They leave the kitchen smelling gorgeous and are a wonderful change from regular potato chips and the ActiFry makes them deliciously crunchy on the outside whilst keeping them soft and fluffy on the inside. Genius!
- 400 ml Water
- 1 pinch Fine Sea Salt
- 100 grams Quick Cook Polenta
- 1 teaspoon Organic Unsalted Butter
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary leaves removed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I used olive oil
- Place the water and a pinch of salt into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, reduce the heat to low and slowly add the polenta.
- Stir for 2-3 minutes until the polenta has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a non stick pan (I used a cake tin) and smooth and flatten with a spatula.
- Allow the polenta to cool for about 10 minutes before carefully turning out onto a wire cooling rack.
- Allow to cool for a further 10 - 15 minutes and place into the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up some more.
- Once the polenta is cooled and firm, cut into 1cm wide 'chips'.
- Place the polenta chips into the ActiFry and drizzle over the oil, rosemary and an extra pinch of sea salt.
- Close the lid and turn on the ActiFry. Cook for 18-20 minutes until crisp.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmasan or nutritional yeast if desired.