I love one pot meals. It just makes dinner time so much easier. This recipe is great for when you have leftover cooked chicken and is the perfect kind of meal to have as leftovers for lunch the following day, like my little man did.
Quinoa is such a versatile ingredient, if you have never heard of it here is a little bit more information and if you have heard of it but have no idea how to use it then here is my guide for cooking the perfect quinoa
You may also like:
Clean Eating Quinoa Salad
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
This recipe is great for when you have leftover cooked chicken and is the perfect kind of meal to have as leftovers for lunch the following day.
- 180 grams Quinoa rinsed
- 500 ml Stock I used homemade chicken stock
- 2 leftover Cooked Chicken Breasts
- 1 large handful Fresh Spinach sliced
- 1/2 Cumumber diced
- 2 Tomatoes deseeded and diced
- 1 Celery Stalk diced
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 pinch Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Place the rinsed quinoa into a saucepan with the stock and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, place the lid onto the saucepan and reduce the heat.
- Simmer with the lid on for 12 - 15 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Once cooked, pour the quinoa out onto a large plate to cool.
- Once cooled add the diced cooked chicken breast and all of the vegetables.
- Pour over the extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Season to taste, adding extra lemon juice or chilli flakes if desired.