I love ‘quick’ food, especially when it tastes so good! We love prawns and they make a super speedy meal. I usually buy frozen raw prawns because I find it works out a bit cheaper than buying fresh. A few brands I like require you to defrost them in the fridge before cooking but the best ones you can cook straight from frozen which makes life even easier!
This is a very simple recipe, the ingredients are very basic and that is my favourite kind of cooking. I use half of a red chilli when I cook this for the family and it isn’t too spicy at all, (my 6 year old eats the chillies) but if you do like it spicy, try adding a whole red chilli or some green chilli as well!
I like to serve this tossed through some wholegrain spaghetti but you can serve it any way you like. It would work with rice or quinoa or with some spiralized vegetable spaghetti (courgette and carrot is my favourite).
If you like this recipe you might also like to try my Clean Eating Paprika Prawns…. they are awesome too!
Click Here and follow The Kitchen Shed on Instagram for daily healthy meal inspiration, recipe updates, giveaways and more!
Clean Eating Quick Garlic Chilli Prawns
- Yield: 4 Servings
This is a very simple recipe, the ingredients are very basic and that is my favourite kind of cooking.
- 1 tsp Oil of choice I used coconut oil
- 2x 180g Frozen Raw Prawns defrosted in the fridge
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced/finely grated
- 1/2 deseeded Red Chilli or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 handful Fresh Basil chopped
- Place the oil into a large non stick saucepan or wok and gently melt over to low/medium heat.
- Add the prawns, garlic and chilli and cook gently until the prawns are no longer transparent.
- Stir in the tomato puree and add the chopped tomatoes and turn up the heat until it begins to bubble.
- Stir through the chopped fresh basil and allow to cook for a couple more minutes and serve.