Leek and potato soup was probably the first homemade soup I had ever eaten. My mum used to make a delicious leek and potato soup when we were younger. I can remember her making it for lunch when we would have our family Christmas get together’s. As the family started to arrive there would be hot soup and bread to warm them up. It was a great way to feed a crowd without breaking the bank.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Leek and potato soup is the ultimate comfort food. It’s hearty and filling and tastes delicious. This soup is quick and easy to make. It’s gluten free, dairy free and budget friendly so would be a great way to feed lots of people.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Kale & Sweet Potato Soup
- Clean Eating Winter Vegetable & Chestnut Soup
- Clean Eating Curried Parsnip & Butter Bean Soup
Clean Eating Leek & Potato Soup
- Yield: 4 Servings
This soup is quick and easy to make. It's gluten free, dairy free and budget friendly so would be a great way to feed lots of people.
- 500 grams White Potatoes peeled and chopped
- 200 grams Sliced Leeks
- 1 Celery Stalk chopped
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 Dried Bay Leaf
- 750 ml Stock
- Place all of the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, reduce the heat and place the lid on the saucepan. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the bay leaves and thyme stalks.
- Blend with a hand blender until smooth and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy.