Brown rice for breakfast… Why not! We often have leftover rice from a meal, maybe one or two cupped handfuls. It’s never usually enough to make another whole meal with, but I don’t like to waste it and so usually plan a lunch for myself with it for the following day.
This morning I had a disaster with a recipe experiment (it happens… Oh it happens!) but with some quick thinking I was able to turn it around and produce this scrumptious bowl of wholegrain goodness. What a way to start the day!
This Clean Eating Brown Rice Breakfast Bowl is gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian. It’s packed with slow releasing complex carbohydrates which will be sure to fuel your morning demands and duties. It is so versatile, you could add any vegetables you like. You don’t have to eat it for breakfast either, it would make a great lunch or dinner too.
Helpful Tip: To make this meal suitable for Vegans, just replace the egg with some tofu.
Clean Eating Brown Rice Breakfast Bowl
- Yield: 1 Servings
This Clean Eating Brown Rice Breakfast Bowl is gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian. It's packed with slow releasing complex carbohydrates which will be sure to fuel your morning demands and duties. It is so versatile, you could add any vegetables you like. You don't have to eat it for breakfast either, it would make a great lunch or dinner too.
- 1/4 teaspoon Oil of choice I used Avocado Oil, you could use coconut or olive oil
- 3 Mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 small Courgette halved lengthways and sliced
- 1/2 Garlic Clove
- 1 Egg
- 1 cupped handful Cooked Wholegrain Rice
- 3-4 dashes Tamari Sauce
- 1 small handful Fresh Parsly optional
- Place the oil into a non stick frying pan and turn on the heat.
- Once hot, add the vegetables and turn the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Once cooked, pour the vegetables out into a bowl and set aside.
- Add a drop more oil to the pan and turn on the heat again.
- Add the egg and finely grated/minced garlic to the oil and stir to scramble the egg in the pan.
- Once cooked, add the cooked brown rice and a few dashes of tamari sauce.
- Cook the rice until it is completely heated through.
- Once completely heated through, serve the egg fried rice and vegetables together with a sprinkling of fresh, chopped parsley. Add extra tamari sauce to taste if desired.