Making my own homemade chicken stock makes me feel like I am living the good life. Using that stock in other recipes reminds me that I am living the good life!
I know it is important to live in the moment and be grateful for the life you have (which I am) but I am a dreamer and I dream of a life not quite as busy and modern as the one I live in now.
My dream is to one day live in a beautiful cottage and have some land. I’d have chickens and fruit trees and a huge veggie patch. My boys would run around outside all day and would always be covered in mud. When I wasn’t eating food that I had grown, I would shop at a local farm shop for fresh milk, cheese, meat and grains. I’d make my own nut butters, dairy free milks, jams and chutneys and nothing would go to waste. Ahhh… Doesn’t that sound like the good life to you?
That is what this bowl is to me. The good life. Fulfilling the measure of a chickens creation, not wasting anything and being nourished by it. One day I really hope to be able to experience my dream but until then I shall eat chicken soup and enjoy the good life I have now.
You might also like:
- Clean Eating Chicken Noodle Soup
- Clean Eating Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Clean Eating Basic Slow Cooker Chicken Stock
Clean Eating Homemade Chicken Soup
- Yield: 4 Servings
Nourishing, heart warming homemade chicken soup.
- 1 large Carrot diced and pre cooked
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 1 litre Homemade Chicken Stock or any stock you like
- 100 grams Cooked Chicken I used leftovers
- 100 grams Wholegrain Pasta/Beans/Wholegrain Rice
- 100 grams Frozen Peas
- I steamed my diced carrot whilst I prepared all of the other ingredients, until the carrot had softened.
- In a large saucepan, soften the onion in the oil over a low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, cooked carrot and cooked chicken and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, turn the heat to low and add the frozen peas and pasta (or beans or rice) and simmer until everything is cooked and the chicken is heated through.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂