We have finally reached soup season. Great for me and the boys, we are big soup lovers! But my husband…. not so much.
We called this Green Goblin Soup on Saturday after some lengthy conversations over the past week with the boys about them being afraid of the dark at bedtime. No matter how much you try to give logically reasons for things and try to reassure them, sometimes those fears just take a while to grow out of.
I thought I’d try and change my tactics and instead of impatiently insisting that there were no goblins under their bed, I decided to tell them that there actually were goblins under the bed but that I had caught them and blended them up in the soup…. I’m not too sure how well that story went down, but the soup tasted really good and the boys ate second and third helpings!
This is a brilliant fuss free soup, great if you are on a budget or are short on time. With just 5 ingredients and only 15 minutes of real cooking time it’s a great midweek meal that the whole family can enjoy.
Top Tip: We love having our soup with dark Ryvita crackers! Sooooo yummy!
Clean Eating Butternut, Spinach & Chickpea Soup
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
This is a brilliant fuss free soup, great if you are on a budget or are short on time. With just 5 ingredients and only 15 minutes of real cooking time it's a great midweek meal that the whole family can enjoy.
- 500 grams Butternut Squash cubed
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Frozen Spinach Cubes
- 750 ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tin/carton Cooked Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- Place the butternut squash, onion, frozen spinach and stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, reduce the heat and add the chickpeas.
- Cover and simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove from the heat and also to cook ever so slightly before blitzing with a hand blender.
- Once smooth and well blended, serve with wholegrain bread or crackers.