Clean Eating is all about developing a healthy lifestyle. It is not about eating perfectly 100% of the time.
This blog has become a way of me sharing the clean eating recipes that I make for my family, but that is actually just a very small part of my life.
In the hopes that I can offer a little support and a fun dose of reality I wanted to share with you a little insight into another side of my imperfect but beautiful life behind the scenes and screens of The Kitchen Shed.
- I wish my kids would eat school dinners. I love my kids and I love it when they eat healthy foods but I hate making packed lunches with a passion and I’d honestly rather pay for them to eat fish and chips on a Friday lunchtime then pack up lunch boxes every evening before I go to bed.
- I really do not like cooking for other people. It makes me anxious. On the very rare occasion that we invite people over for dinner, or have to take a meal over to someone else’s house I’ll usually make lasagne and it more often than not won’t be clean. (Unless I know that they like curry and then I’ll make them this).
- If I REALLY wanted to eat some cake, I would NEVER make a Clean Eating Butterfly Cake, nor would I ever waste precious calories on some pre packaged cake from the supermarket with a shelf life of forever. No, no. I would drive miles out of my way to the best bakery or cafe to get a slice of proper, homemade cake.
- Whenever I go out to eat, it is possible that I will order a superfood salad. It is also possible that I will order a loaded cheeseburger with extra fries followed by sticky toffee pudding and a mocktail. Either option is ok with me.
- Please don’t be surprised when you ask my children what exciting thing they had for dinner and they tell you Tuna Pasta for the fifth time in a month. It’s my go to meal when I can’t be bothered to cook (which is quite regularly).
- I put on around half a stone every Christmas. I also lose that half a stone by the end of January doing the Clean Eating 30 Day Challenge that I dread every.single.year.
- I have more pictures of food on my phone than I do of my children. It is something I’m working on fixing.
- Sometimes my dinners are such a disaster, my husband will go out and buy himself a takeaway once the kids have gone to bed.
- Please do not be concerned about me if you happen to see me in KFC with my mum at lunchtime. We go there often.
- I am an Introvert, so blogging is actually the best career path for me to follow. Except the part where I have to actually think of something remotely interesting to say about the 10th bolognese recipe that I’ve made. Oh, and posting anything on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. I hate that too.