You know it’s winter when instead of using up old fruit in a smoothie, you turn it into something that tastes like cake! I’m not gonna lie, these cold days have made me feel really hungry and crave allllll the sweet carbs, so at least this banana bread is a little healthier than a jam doughnut!
I really like having some healthier higher carb snacks in the house for my boys, especially after school when they come home and just want to eat the whole house. A couple of slices of banana bread and a smoothie always hits the spot and it makes me feel good to know that they have something proper in their tummies.
This Clean Eating Wholegrain Blueberry Banana Bread is sweet and delicious! The juicy blueberries make it extra special and is a great way to sneak some fruit into your kiddos! My youngest doesn’t like blueberries but he likes them in banana bread!
Click Here and follow The Kitchen Shed on Instagram for daily healthy meal inspiration, recipe updates, giveaways and more!
Clean Eating Wholegrain Blueberry Banana Bread
- Yield: 1 loaf
This Clean Eating Wholegrain Blueberry Banana Bread is sweet and delicious! The juicy blueberries make it extra special and is a great way to sneak some fruit into your kiddos!
- 250 grams Plain Wholemeal Flour I used Marriages Golden Wholegrain Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice or another tsp of cinnamon
- 100 grams Organic Unsalted Butter melted
- 3 over ripe Over Ripe Bananas approx 300 grams
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tablesoons Maple Syrup
- 250 grams Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 160*C and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whis kogether the flour, baking powder and the cinnamon and mixed spice. Set aside.
- Gently melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Mash up the bananas with a fork and add the eggs, maple syrup and melted butter. Stir to combine.
- Add the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir together, trying not to over mix.
- Stir in the blueberries and pour into the loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Once cooked, carefully remove from the pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, slice and serve. Store in the fridge or freezer if not using within a couple of days.