This pizza dough is simple and easy to make. You just need a few ingredients and a little muscle power and you will have yourself some wholesome and delicious pizza.
Once the ingredients are combined and you have kneaded the dough, just roll it out and let it rest for about half an hour. The longer you leave it the deeper the base will be. Alternatively, for a thin and crispy pizza, you can top it and bake it straight away after you have rolled it out.
For pizza topping ideas see Clean Eating Wholemeal Pizza.
Clean Eating Wholemeal Pizza Dough
- Yield: 4 Pizzas
This recipe is simple and easy to make. You just need a few ingredients and a little muscle power and you will have yourself some wholesome and delicious pizza dough!
- 2 teaspoons Easy Bake/Fast Action Yeast
- 500 grams Strong Wholemeal Bread Flour
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 240 ml Warm Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- Place the yeast into a large bowl and pour the flour over the top of it.
- Sprinkle the salt over the flour and then make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Pour in the olive oil and warm water and combine with a spoon.
- Once the mixture is mostly combined, get your hands in and bring everything together to form a ball.
- Take the ball out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Once kneaded, cut the dough into 4 equal pieces
- Roll out each of the 4 pieces of dough until they are approximately 0.5cm thick and place them onto a baking tray lined with grease proof paper.
- Cover the rolled out pizza bases with a tea towel and leave to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and prepare your pizza toppings whilst you wait.
- After 30 minutes, top your pizza with your desired toppings and then bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until cooked. (You can use a spatula to lift up the pizza so that you can check if the dough is cooked at the bottom).