I’m on a tomato and basil roll this week, can’t get enough of it!
Quinoa is such a great little seed. I am using it more and more as I try and break my life long love affair with wheat. There is nothing wrong with wheat, (wholewheat) I just rely on it far to heavily so quinoa makes a great little alternative for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Clean Eating Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Quinoa packs a big flavour punch. It is quick and easy to make and tastes delicious with a salad, or with your favourite lean protein like turkey, chicken or fish.
I used the dried variety of sun dried tomatoes rather than the ones packed in oil, the brand is Merchant and you can get them from most UK supermarkets.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Quinoa Funfetti Salad
- Clean Eating ‘Cheesy’ Chilli Broccoli Quinoa
- Clean Eating Tomato and Basil Cous Cous
Clean Eating Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Quinoa
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
Clean Eating Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Quinoa packs a big flavour puch. It is quick and easy to make and tastes delicious on its own with a salad, or with your favourite lean protein like turkey, chicken or fish.
- 180 grams Quinoa rinsed
- 500 ml Stock I used 500ml water and 2 teaspoons of bouillon stock powder
- 6 Sun Dried Tomatoes dried, not packed in oil
- 1 handful Fresh Basil Leaves
- You can reduce the salt of the sun dried tomatoes by placing them in a bowl of hot water for 20 minutes before rinsing and using.
- Dice up the sun dried tomatoes and place them into a saucepan with the rinsed quinoa and stock.
- Turn on the heat and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, turn the heat to low and cover the saucepan with a lid.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Check on the quinoa after around 12 minutes, giving it a stir to make sure it isn't sticking to the pan.
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and stir in the basil leaves whole, chopped or torn.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.