We all try our best to plan out our weekly meals but sometimes no matter how organised we think we are, we find ourselves in this situation and it can often mean make or break when it comes to eating clean. This meal saved me from ‘breaking’ and I was able to use up some leftover vegetables whilst providing a delicious and nutritious meal for my family, fast!
Mushrooms and kale are pretty permanent residence in my fridge which is how they ended up in this dish. But if I didn’t have mushrooms and kale I could have used courgette, peppers, onions, spinach or cherry tomatoes.
Either way, a little wholegrain pasta + garlicky veg + lemon juice and a dash of sea salt = A quick, clean, delicious meal in no more than 10 minutes.
Helpful Tip: If you cant get hold of spelt pasta (I use Biona Wholegrain Spelt Pasta from my local health food shop) you could swap it for 300g of wholewheat, or brown rice pasta.
Clean Eating Spelt Pasta with Garlic Mushrooms & Kale
- Yield: 4 Servings
Mushrooms and kale are pretty permanent residence in my fridge which is how they ended up in this dish. But if I didn't have mushrooms and kale I could have used courgette, peppers, onions, spinach or cherry tomatoes.
- 200 grams Wholewheat Spelt Pasta or 300g wholewheat pasta/brown rice pasta
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I used Avocado Oil
- 300 grams Mushrooms sliced
- 1 large handful Kale finely sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced/finely grated
- 1 pinch Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 good squeeze Lemon Juice to taste
- Cook the spelt pasta according to the packet instuctions. Mine took around 6-7 minutes.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, place the oil, mushrooms and kale into a large non stick frying pan (I used my wok) and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until the mushrooms are brown.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, turn off the heat and stir through the garlic.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and then place it into the frying pan with the mushrooms and kale. Toss to combine.
- Season with sea salt and fresh black pepper or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and serve.