I have been on a mission to create some quick, simple and delicious clean eating egg recipes. Regular scrambled eggs can get a little boring and bland after a while but it is so easy to make breakfast a little more exciting by adding some simple but tasty flavours.
Clean Eating Tomato & Basil Scramble Eggs are a classic winning combination of flavours. They are fresh and light and packed with protein and essential vitamins and minerals. They look fancy but couldn’t be quicker or more simple to make and they taste AMAZING!
My little man and I loved the fresh basil, but if you are not a fan, just replace it with some fresh baby spinach or rocket leaves.
Clean Eating Tomato & Basil Scrambled Eggs
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Ready In:
Clean Eating Tomato & Basil Scramble Eggs are a classic winning combination of flavours. They are fresh and light and packed with protein and essential vitamins and minerals. They look fancy but couldn't be quicker or more simple to make and they taste AMAZING!
- 1/4 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Garlic Clove optional
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 Fresh Basil Leaves
- In a bowl or jug, whisk together the egg and egg whites until combined.
- Mince or finely grate the garlic and add it to the egg mixture with a pinch of black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place the olive oil into a non stick pan and turn the heat to high.
- Once hot, add the egg mixture and turn the heat down to low.
- Let the egg cook for about 30 seconds before stirring to scramble.
- Keep stirring until the eggs are cooked.
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and add the whole cherry tomatoes to the pan. Toss them around to allow the hot pan to warm them up a bit.
- Whilst the tomatoes are warming through, pick your basil leaves. You can chop them if you want too, or leave them whole like I did.
- Once the tomatoes have warmed up, place the scrambled eggs and tomatoes into a bowl and garnish with the basil leaves.
- Serve and enjoy.