These are probably my favourite way to eat sweet potatoes. I was inspired to make these after seeing something similar on one of my favourite Facebook Pages, Neon Runner. Emily makes delicious healthy food and posts photos to her page along with lots of running motivation. You should check her out!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Thin sweet potatoes are ideal for this recipe. I always try to choose organic sweet potatoes if I am going to eat the skins and it just so happens that the skinniest sweet potatoes I can find are also organic, from Waitrose. You just need to give them a quick wash, slice them up, toss them in oil and seasoning and bake them in the oven. Easy!
These potatoes are a fantastic side dish. We love them with a slow cooker chicken and veggies or pork steaks (or clean sausages) and salad. You can change up the spices any way you like, or add some herbs for extra flavour.
Clean Eating Baked Sweet Potato Rounds
- Yield: 4 Servings
You can change up the spices any way you like, or add some herbs for extra flavour.
- 700 grams Sweet Potatoes skinny and organic if possible
- 1/2 Tablespoon Oil of choice I used avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Chilli Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180*C and have a large baking tray ready to use.
- Wash and try the potatoes and cut off the very ends. Slice the potatoes into 1 1/2cm rounds and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour over the oil and seasoning and toss to combine. Take you time to make sure everything is coated evenly.
- Spread onto a baking tray, in one layer and place into the oven. Cook for 35 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow to cool a little on the tray before serving. They come off the tray easier that way, and taste better too!