It is so easy to make your own pasta sauce and it will taste a lot better than the jars you can buy in the shops. Although the only goodness from this sauce is found in the tomatoes, it is still considered clean and contains no added rubbish. Perfect for when you are in a hurry, or realise you have run out of fresh onions (like I had last night!).
This Clean Eating Quick Pasta Sauce can be made in 5 minutes and is rich and flavoursome. You can use it with some roasted vegetables, lentils and wholegrain spaghetti for the perfect meat free bolognese or toss in some Clean Eating Turkey Meatballs for a delicious, nutritions complete meal. – Don’t forget your vegetables though, serve this with a big leafy side salad.
Do you make sauces from scratch?
Clean Eating Quick Pasta Sauce
- Yield: 4 Servings
When you are in a hurry or are low on ingredients, don't grab a jar of pasta sauce, make your own in 5 minutes.
- 2 x 390 grams Chopped Tomatoes 2 cartons
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2-3 teaspoons Bouillon Stock Powder reduced salt, organic if possible
- Place the chopped tomatoes into a saucepan and turn on the heat.
- Add all other ingredients and stir whilst bringing to a bubble.
- Turn down the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add any vegetables, lentils or meat and cook until they are thoroughly heated through.
- Serve with wholegrain pasta of choice and a big leafy side salad.
- Skill Level: Easy