So, I have never actually tasted a real mojito before. My sister is a big fan of virgin mojitos which are made with ginger beer instead of rum and she got us all drinking them at our eurovision song contest party last year. Oh yeah, that’s the way we roll.
My Husband loved them which didn’t surprise me as they were packed with sugar (that man puts sugar on coco pops!). I did enjoy the flavour of the mojito but they were just too sweet for me.
Since my best friend got me into juices (she makes her own in her fancy juicer) I have been drinking Cawston Press juices which are delicious and clean. The apple & ginger juice is my favourite and I thought it would make the perfect base for a Clean Eating Mojito. It’s not too sweet but it still has the same amazing flavour combinations of a virgin mojito. Perfect for a lazy afternoon in the sun. Ahhh…
You may also like:
Clean Eating Mojito
- Yield: 1 Servings
Clean Eating Mojitos are not too sweet but still have the same amazing flavour combinations of a virgin mojito. Perfect for a lazy afternoon in the sun.
- 250 ml Apple & Ginger Juice I used Cawston Press but you could make your own
- 20 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1/4 - 1/2 Lime squeezed/juiced
- 1 Cup Crushed Ice
- Tear up the mint leaves and place them into the bottom of a jug.
- With the end of a rolling pin, gently bash the mint leaves to help them release their flavour.
- Pour the apple and ginger juice over the mint leaves and add the lime juice to taste.
- Give everything a stir to combine.
- Fill your drinking glass 3/4 full with crushed ice.
- Pour your juice mixture over the ice and stir to evenly distribute the mint.
- Serve and enjoy.