Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
My Mum is the Queen of roast dinners. She makes her own gravy, her own stuffing and never has she ever cooked a frozen roast potato. She does the whole meal from scratch and oh me oh my is it good! She got her stuffing recipe from my Uncle Mike. I have the happiest memories of visiting my cousins, Auntie and Uncle in Kent. They had the perfect English country home, it even had a water mill on the side of it and a stream which ran through it. My Auntie would take my sister and I and our cousin down to the stream when she wanted a bit of peace and quiet. She would pop us in a little dingy with a rope attached, which she would hold whilst she sat at the edge of the stream reading her book. When we were ready to come in she would say, ‘Five more minutes!’ (I’m sure she did love us really)!
My Auntie and Uncle were really healthy, and spending my childhood summers with them meant that I got to experience new and exciting foods at a young age. It was the first place that I tried olives and houmous and homemade stuffing.
I don’t know if we ever had the recipe written down or if my Mum just made it from memory. Either way, I’ve cleaned up the recipe a tiny bit to make it even healthier and delicious. I think my Uncle Mike would be proud!
Do you use recipes that have been handed down through the generations?
Clean Eating Lemon and Herb Stuffing
- Yield: 6 Servings
The BEST stuffing you will ever have! It smells incredible and tastes amazing.
- 150 grams Wholewheat Breadcrumbs Clean Eating Bread - between 2-4 slices
- 1/4 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1/2 medium Red Onion finely diced
- 1/2 large or 1 small Apple finely diced
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 sprigs Fresh Parsley finely chopped
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary finely chopped
- 2 sprigs Fresh Tyme finely chopped
- 2 sprigs Fresh Sage finely chopped
- 100 ml Milk of choice I used Oat Milk
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.Add all of your diced and chopped ingredients into a bowl.
- Add the Lemon juice, olive oil and milk and give it a good mix with you hands (or use a fork).
- Let the bowl sit for about 15 minutes, so that the bread can soak up the liquid.
- Place the mixture into a small oven proof dish and press it down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake it in the oven for 25 minutes, until golden brown and firm.
- Allow it to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.