This is another old family recipe that I have ‘cleaned’ up. One of my Aunties used to make homemade coleslaw and bring it to every family gathering on my dads side. Everyone loved it and it tasted SO much better than any shop bought coleslaw. To this day it is still making an annual appearance when we all get together at Christmas time.
Luckily for me, this Clean Eating Coleslaw has the exact same taste to it, so I wont be missing the salad cream and mayo! Its a great little side to take along to summer BBQ’s or family picnics and it is a must at any family buffet at any time of the year.
Whats your favourite dish to take to a buffet?
Clean Eating Coleslaw
- Yield: 4 Servings
This Clean Eating Coleslaw has the exact same taste to it as regular homemade Coleslaw but you wont be missing the salad cream and mayo!
- 100 grams White Cabbage finely sliced (julienne)
- 100 grams Carott finely sliced (julienne)
- 1 Granny Smith Apple finely sliced (julienne)
- 25 grams Red Onion finely sliced (julienne)
- 1/2 Lemon squeezed/juiced
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste - optional
- Place all of the sliced vegetable strips into a large bowl.
- Squeeze in half a lemon and add the apple cider vinegar.
- Give it a good toss with two forks and add freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy or keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.