Inspired by my recent Clean Eating Ferrero Rocher, this porridge is a winner all round. And the extra crunchy topping…. Amazing!!
Creating new flavours to go with my morning oats makes breakfast so exciting. And porridge is so quick and easy to make, even grinding the nuts took no time at all. If you were on a tight schedule, you can even do all the prep for this recipe the night before, and just add your milk in the morning.
Move over Nutella on toast, there is a new breakfast in town!
What do you usually eat for breakfast?
Clean Eating Chocolate and Hazelnut Porridge
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Ready In:
Just when you think you are out of porridge ideas, another one comes along, daring to be better than the last. And this Clean Eating Chocolate Hazelnut Porridge could well be better than the last!
- 20 grams Hazelnuts ground in a food processor
- 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Milk of choice I used oat milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Maple Syrup (optional)
- Blend the hazelnuts in a food processor until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Reserve one Tablespoon of ground hazelnuts and place the rest into a saucepan with the cocoa powder, oats and milk.
- Turn on the heat and let it cook for 2 - 3 minutes until thickened.
- Add a splash more milk to reach desired consistency and serve with the reserved ground hazelnuts on top and a drizzle of maple syrup.