THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS TO CHRISTINE MOTTISHAW – YOU HAVE WON THE £30 ALDI VOUCHERS. PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WHEN YOU CAN WITH YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS AND ALDI WILL SEND YOU YOUR VOUCHERS.
After a long summer break, I am so glad to be back here at The Kitchen Shed! And what better way to celebrate getting back to the blog than being able to offer one of you lovely clean eaters the chance to win £30 worth of Aldi vouchers!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click her to sign up!
Aldi are celebrating Red Tractor Week, a week that promotes British farming and they have allowed me to share one of their delicious recipes with you as well as the £30 voucher giveaway.
All you have to do to enter is:
- Make any Kitchen Shed recipe using 100% British farmed ingredients. (Vegans and vegetarians can enter using British vegetables).
- Post the picture to one of your social media accounts. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Tag The Kitchen Shed and Aldi into your picture and use the hashtags #redtractorweek #competition (Tags: Facebook @kitchenshed, Twitter @kitchenshed, Instagram @thekitchenshed).
- Comment below to tell me you have completed all of the steps.
- YOU CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE. Each entry will be added to the list of hopefuls, so the more you enter, the greater your chance of winning.
The competition will close on Friday 25th September 2015 and the winner will be announced on Saturday 26th September 2015 right here as well as on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Good Luck! xox
Citrus Chicken – Aldi
For more new and exciting Red Tractor recipes, check out the Aldi website here.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Ready In:
Celebrating Red Tractor Week with Aldi.
- 4 Ashfield chicken breasts
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Orange
- 1/2 Grapefruit
- 2 Tablespoons Solesta olive oil
- 1 Pinch Salt and Pepper
- 1 Bag Mixed Salad Leaves
- 1 Large Avocado
- 150 grams Mange Tout halved lengthways
- 120 grams Green Grapes halved
- 60 grams Walnut Pieces
- 3 teaspoons Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180*C
- Arrange the chicken breasts in an ovenproof dish. Slice ½ of the lemon, orange and grapefruit and place on top of the chicken.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and add a few twists of salt and black pepper. Roast for around 35mins, until the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile prepare the salad. Tip the leaves onto a serving platter or divide between 4 plates.
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone and then use a dessertspoon to remove the flesh. Slice and add to the leaves along with the mange tout and grapes.
- Place the walnuts in a dry pan over a low heat and cook until just starting to toast, taking care not to let them burn. Allow to cool.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the dish, slice and arrange on top of the salad. Sprinkle over the walnuts.
- To make a dressing whisk together the remaining olive oil and a good squeeze of lemon juice (from the remaining half). Season to taste. Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.