It takes effort and sacrifice to achieve goals. This is my motivational board that I keep on my kitchen fridge, to remind me of the things that are important to me.
My Personal Food Philosophy:
- Eat an abundance of fruits and vegetables.
- Eat whole grains.
- Eat meat sparingly, especially red meat.
- Purchase higher welfare meat – Organic if possible, as well as Organic dairy products.
- Keep it chilled. Avoid being fanatical or obsessive about eating clean. If I go to someone’s home for dinner and they have cooked something I wouldn’t choose to cook for myself… I’m going to eat it.
- Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol, caffienated and fizzy drinks.
- Avoid anything that doesn’t agree with your body – (For me this is dairy, citrus and caffeine)
- Aim to eat clean 90+% of the time… enjoy a treat on special occasions
- Listen to your body, feed it when its hungry, keep it hydrated when its not.
- A healthy mind and soul is just as important as a healthy body. Do things that make your spirit happy.
Do you have your own food philosophy?