Would you like to lose weight? Tone up? Feel healthier? Have more energy? Achieve fitness goals? Eat more food?? Then Clean Eating is for you!
Clean Eating is not a fad diet, it is a way of life to learn and develop. Every body is different, our needs, lifestyles, genetics and personal preferences are all different but luckily for us Clean Eating can work for everyone. Around 80% of what we look like is down to what we eat, 10% down to exercise and 10% down to genetics, so it goes without saying, you really are what you eat! As you fill your body with natural foods, you will feel energized, healthy and happy. You will learn to listen to your body and understand its needs.
Clean Eating is simple. All you need to do is;
- Eat food that comes from nature. Fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds, lentils and beans, lean meat and fish and healthy fats.
- Avoid highly processed foods that contain refined white sugars and refined white flours, excessive salt, preservatives, additives, artificial sweeteners and trans fats.
- Stop eating by 7 pm (or 3 hours before bed)
- Eat breakfast every day within an hour of waking.
- Eat regularly, every 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Adhere to proper portion sizes*
- Combine lean proteins with complex carbohydrates in your meals**
- Keep hydrated – aim for 2 litres of water a day.
- Plan! Plan and prepare your food in advance whenever possible. This helps to stop ‘crisis’ moments.
- Enjoy a Treat! You can’t cheat when you Eat Clean, you can just make a conscious choice to enjoy a treat on special occasions, and then get back to eating clean again.
To learn more about Clean Eating, I recommend reading Just the Rules: Tosca’s Guide to Eating Right. This is an inexpensive easy to read guide to Clean Eating from the expert herself! You can purchase it online at Amazon.co.uk
* Check labels for recommended portion sizes or use this guide:
- Protein – The size of your palm
- Complex Carbohydrates – One cupped hand
- Fruits and Vegetables – Two cupped hands
- Nut Butters and Cheese – Thumb size
- Cooking Oils – Thumb tip
**This fills you up for longer and kick starts your metabolism, which will burn fat more effectively.
You may also like:
© Charlie Mace