I have been craving homemade fruit juice ever since my lovely friend Emma met me on the school run with a cup of freshly squeezed apple, carrot and ginger. It just tasted so good, so healthy, so sweet and so fresh. I felt as though I was putting something really good into my body.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
I don’t have a juicer (yet!) but I remembered seeing watermelon juice being made on one of the kids tv programmes, so I thought I would try it out with the leftover watermelon from our Clean Eating Watermelon Pineapple Smoothies. It most definitely cured my craving!
This Clean Eating Watermelon Juice is so fresh and delicious! Perfect for a hot summers day, served over ice and sipped whilst catching some Vitamin D in the garden! It is best served straight away (I found it didn’t keep so well in the fridge) but it is so quick and easy to make it wont be a problem.
What do you love to drink whilst spending the afternoon in the sun?
Clean Eating Watermelon Juice
- Yield: 500ml (approx) (2 Servings)
This Clean Eating Watermelon Juice is so fresh and delicious! Perfect for a hot summers day, served over ice and sipped whilst catching some Vitamin D in the garden!
- Slice up the watermelon flesh and remove any seeds.
- Using a hand blender or food processor, blend up the watermelon until it is smooth.
- Place a muslin cloth over a fine sieve and sit it over a bowl or jug.
- Slowly pour the watermelon liquid through the muslin cloth and sieve and collect the juice in the bowl or jug underneath.
- Once the watermelon juice seems to stop coming through so easily, collect the corners of the muslin cloth and gently squeeze the rest of the juice out into the bowl.
- You will be left with the watermelon pulp in the cloth which you can discard (or use in a smoothie).
- Tear up the mint leaves if using and stir them into the watermelon juice.
- Serve the juice straight away in glasses filled with ice.