Today is the last of our Clean Eating Boxing Day leftover recipes and our final recipe before we close up for Christmas. How exciting!!
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
We have been using our leftover Christmas turkey to make boxing day pie for the past 4 years. It has become a well loved tradition. Before that, I can remember using up the leftover turkey in a creamy turkey, leek and ham tagliatelle but after seeing Jamie Oliver make his Turkey & Sweet Leek Pie, we made the switch and have never looked back.
Boxing Day Pie is my job during the Christmas season. Whilst I cant quite handle the pressure of Christmas dinner, cooking this pie for my family on Boxing Day is a joy. We serve it with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables, and the best thing is that it is relatively fuss free to make.
This recipe is a ‘cleaned’ up version of Jamie Oliver’s boxing day pie, but whether you make it clean or not, it is definitely worth putting on the menu this Christmas!
Clean Eating Turkey & Leek Pie (Boxing Day Pie)
- Yield: 4 Servings
We serve it with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables, and it is relatively fuss free to make.
- 150 grams Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 1 pinch Fine Sea Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Cold Water
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 50 grams Cooked & Peeled Chestnuts finely chopped/crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice
- 180 grams Sliced Leeks
- 300 grams Cooked Turkey
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 4 Tablespoons Dried Cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 500 ml Stock I used homemade chicken stock
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Whole Egg whisked
- Preheat the oven to 180*C.
- Make the pastry. Place the flour and salt into a food processor and place the lid on. Turn on and pour in the water and oil. Roll out and form into a ball. Roll into a disk, cover and refrigerate.
- Place the oil into a non stick pan and add the leeks. Cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Once softened, add the turkey, thyme, cranberries and flour and stir well.
- Pour in the stock, and bring to the boil. Once bubbling, simmer over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll out the pastry and sprinkle over the finely chopped chestnuts. Fold over the pastry and roll out again.
- Once the turkey is ready, remove the thyme stalks and pour the mixture into a shallow pie dish or deep plate or bowl and top with the pastry.
- Bush with the whisked egg and place into the oven for 20-25 minute until golden brown.
- Serve with steamed veggies and mashed potatoes.