Sometimes, even with all the meal planning in the world I still have days where I find myself with nothing in the fridge to cook for dinner. On those days my clean eating cupboard essentials come to my rescue in the form of clean eating tuna pasta!
It has taken me a long time to break up with mayonnaise. Even whilst clean eating, it has been something I have continued to use on occasion. Honestly, some of my favourite things contain mayonnaise and I just didn’t know how to substitute it, but once I cleaned up my favourite egg salad there was hope that I could one day live without it. 😉
This Clean Eating Tuna Brown Rice Pasta is delicious. My whole family loves it and we don’t even miss the mayo. It is light and fresh and tastes perfect with a beautiful big leafy side salad. If you wanted to bulk it out, you could add diced veggies to it like cucumber, celery, red onion or radishes. Yum!
Helpful Tip: If you want to make this with regular wholewheat pasta, you may need to add a little extra oil, as it seems to dry out quicker than the brown rice pasta.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Turkey Brown Rice Pasta Bake
- Clean Eating Pesto Pasta
- Clean Eating Lemon, Parsley Salmon
Clean Eating Tuna Brown Rice Pasta
- Yield: 4 Servings
Clean Eating Tuna Brown Rice Pasta is gluten free, egg free and dairy free. It is light and fresh and tastes perfect with a beautiful big leafy side salad. If you wanted to bulk it out, you could add diced veggies to it like cucumber, celery, red onion or radishes.
- 300 grams Brown Rice Pasta
- 2x 160g tins Tuna in spring water
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Cyder Vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Dried Dill
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Cook your pasta according to the packet instructions. 8-9 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and dill and whisk to combine.
- Once the pasta is cooked to your preference, drain well and then add to the mixing bowl and stir everything together.
- Drain the tins of tuna and add them to the pasta mixture. Stir to combine.
- Taste and add a pinch of sea salt, or extra lemon juice if desired and serve with a large side salad.