This is most definitely the worlds best omelette! I’d almost forgotten about how often I used to make this until I was scrolling through old photos on my phone and found a picture of it. (Some people take pictures of their kids, I take pictures of my food).
I used to make pesto all the time, especially when we lived in The Kitchen Shed but I haven’t made any for so long and since we are in pesto season, I had a hankering to make some again and I am so glad I did. When you have a jar of homemade pesto in your fridge, food suddenly becomes even more exciting.
This is a gorgeous summery, protein packed omelette. Stuffed with salty feta and sweet cherry tomatoes. It can be enjoyed any time of day with a side salad and some wholegrain toasted bread. Any pesto will work, I used my new Spinach Pesto which was delicious but I have also enjoyed it with my other pesto recipes.
- Clean Eating Kale Walnut & Basil Pesto
- Clean Eating Coriander Lime Pesto
- Clean Eating Wild Rocket Pesto
- Clean Eating Parsley Pistachio Pesto
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Clean Eating Tomato, Pesto & Feta Omelette
- Yield: 1 Servings
This is a gorgeous summery, protein packed omelette. Stuffed with salty feta and sweet cherry tomatoes. It can be enjoyed any time of day with a side salad and some wholegrain toasted bread.
- 1/2 teaspoon Oil of choice I used Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Egg 2 Egg Whites or 2 whole eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Clean Pesto I used my Spinach Pesto
- 1 Tablespoon Feta Cheese
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley to serve
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Place the oil into a small non stick frying pan and heat over a medium heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, half of the feta and a pinch of black pepper and pour into the saucepan and turn the heat to low.
- Top the omelette with the cherry tomato slices, pesto, the rest of the feta and the fresh herbs and cook slowly and gently for around 5 minutes until the top of the omelette is just set.
- Once cooked, serve and enjoy.