I love open faced sandwiches. All you need is one slice of bread and a good helping of sandwich filling to top it off and voila, you have an open faced sandwich. I eat mine like a pizza, but if you fancied being more civilized you could use a knife and fork!
Sun dried tomatoes and basil are a winning combination. I could probably just top a sandwich with both of them and be happy, but the chicken does give this recipe a bit of heart.
Shop bought mayonnaise is not considered clean or healthy and so I am always looking for new ways to bind my sandwich fillings together. For this recipe I used some mild soft goats cheese. It worked a treat!
Clean Eating Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Chicken Salad is a great sandwich or salad topper. It’s rich and creamy and good for you too! I used ‘dried’ sun dried tomatoes from a packet rather than from a jar packed in oil. I just soaked them in hot water for 20 minutes and then rinsed and drained them before using.
What is your favourite sandwich filling?
Clean Eating Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Chicken Salad
- Yield: 2 Servings
Clean Eating Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Chicken Salad is a great sandwich or salad topper. It's rich and creamy and good for you too!
- 1 large Chicken Breast cooked
- 4 Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 4 Fresh Basil Leaves chopped
- 40 grams Soft Goats Cheese
- 2-4 teaspoons Water
- Shred or chop up the cooked chicken and place into a bowl with the sun dried tomatoes and the basil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the goats cheese with 2 teaspoons of water until it is nice and smooth.
- Pour the creamy goats cheese mixture over the chicken and stir to combine.
- If the chicken seems a bit dry you can add a a further 1-2 teaspoons of water.
- Serve on a slice of wholemeal bread.