I love a bit of simple autumnal baking. It is no secret that I am not a great baker, I can’t even seem to create baked goods even when following a recipe but what I can do is somehow get away with creating wholesome ‘breads’ and ‘muffins’ for my family to enjoy and this was a hit with everyone.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
I love banana bread and I love courgette (zucchini) bread and this is the best of both. Sweet and delicious with warming cinnamon, this bread is perfect for a cosy afternoon on the sofa with a cup of tea.
This bread is super nutritious with the addition of sprouted whole spelt flour. Sprouting grains increases many of the grains’ key nutrients, including B vitamins, vitamin C, folate, and essential amino acids. It can also be more tolerable to people who have sensitivities to certain grains. I also added walnuts to this recipe for an extra nutritious hit and crunchy texture but feel free to just leave them out if you would rather.
You may also like:
Clean Eating Banana Courgette Bread
- Yield: 1 loaf
Sweet and delicious with warming cinnamon, this bread is perfect for a cosy afternoon on the sofa with a cup of tea.
- 200 grams Sprouted Whole Spelt Flour I used Rude Health
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 50 grams Walnut Pieces
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 small Over Ripe Bananas approx 145g
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil melted
- 1 Grated Courgette approx 150g
- Preheat the oven to 170*C and lightly grease a bread tin with coconut oil.
- Add the flour, cinnamon and sifted baking powder into a bowl and whisk to combine. Stir in the walnuts and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and mashed banana and stir in the grated courgette.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and fold until combined. Try not to over mix.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and place into the oven for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, carefully remove from from the baking tin and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, slice and serve.