Delving through The Kitchen Shed archives to bring you this recipe from 2 years ago. Still a winner. Never miss a recipe by subscribing to our free, no spam newsletter here.
I am a massive quiche fan but I have not been able to eat quiche for years, since I stopped eating dairy. (It gives me migraines, so inconvenient).
Sadly, I’ve never found a dairy free quiche so I decided to whip this up on a clean eating pastry base and it was delicious! My little ones devoured it.
Clean Eating Spinach and Mushroom Quiche is easy to make, it tastes great and makes perfect portable clean eating picnic food! Feel free to add some grated organic cheese to the egg mixture before baking. This would make a great Meat Free Monday meal served warm with a large side salad.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Egg & Bacon Pie
- Clean Eating Mushroom & Spinach Omelette
- Clean Eating Garlic Mushroom & Spinach Quinoa
Don’t throw away your scraps of pastry! Keep hold of them and make these delicious Clean Eating Jam Tarts with them!
Clean Eating Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Ready In:
Clean Eating Spinach and Mushroom Quiche is easy to make, it tastes great and makes perfect portable clean eating picnic food! Feel free to add some grated organic cheese to the egg mixture before baking. This would make a perfect Meat Free Monday meal, served warm with a large side salad.
- 1 Clean Eating Pastry Base see link above
- 1/4 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 250 grams Mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 80 grams Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 6 Egg Whites
- 1 pinch Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Roll out your pastry and place it into a lightly oiled 23cm (9inch) pie dish. Crimp the edges and cut off any excess pastry.
- Place the olive oil into a large non stick frying pan and add the sliced mushrooms.
- Cook over a medium/low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 5 minutes add the spinach leaves and stir.
- Cook for a further 8 - 10 minutes until the liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Once the mushrooms and spinach are cooked, pour them out onto a plate and set aside to cool down.
- Whilst the mushrooms and spinach are cooling, prepare you eggs by cracking them into a large bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the eggs and whisk well.
- Once the mushrooms and spinach have cooled down to room temperature, add them to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie dish and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove from the oven and check that the egg is cooked right through in the center.
- Allow to cool slightly in the pan before serving.