You can never have too many egg recipes in my opinion and an egg recipe that contains smoked salmon is always going to be up there with the best!
Omelettes are usually reserved for weekends in our house. There isn’t as much time to sit and patiently wait for an omelette to cook perfectly during the week. Not that it takes very long but it’s definitely not as fast as whipping up a Blueberry Pear Protein Smoothie which seems to be my go to breakfast at the moment.
There is something magical about smoked salmon, spring onions and eggs. I cannot believe I had lived for almost 30 years without tasting this magnificent trio together until I made Jamie Olivers smoked salmon scrambled eggs from his Everyday Super Food cookbook. By far some of the yummiest eggs I had ever eaten. This recipe takes those brilliant flavours and turns the nutrition up a notch by increasing the protein content with the addition of 2 egg whites and adding energy boosting vitamins from spinach and heart healthy cherry tomatoes. What better way to start your day?
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Beetroot & Goats Cheese Omelette
- Clean Eating Sweet Breakfast Omelette
- Clean Eating Goats Cheese & Basil Omelette
Clean Eating Smoked Salmon & Veggie Omelette
- Yield: 1 Servings
With energy boosting vitamins from spinach and heart healthy cherry tomatoes. What better way to start your day?
- 1/2 tsp Oil of choice I used olive oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Egg Whites (or another whole egg)
- 1 small handful Baby Spinach chopped
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- 1 Spring Onion thinly sliced
- 30 grams Smoked Salmon chopped
- 1 pinch Black Pepper plus more to serve
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley to serve
- 1 wedge Fresh Lemon to serve
- Place the oil into a small non stick frying pan and heat over a low heat.
- Whist together the whole egg, egg whites and black pepper and add the chopped spinach, cherry tomatoes slices, spring onion and smoked salmon.
- Stir to combine then pour the egg mixture into the saucepan and cook over a low heat until the egg has just set on top.
- Flip over the omelette to cook on the other side for a few seconds, then serve with fresh black pepper, fresh chopped parsley and a drizzle of lemon.