Oh these are goood! Party food can be a bit difficult for clean eaters. There are only so many raw veggie sticks or deviled eggs one can eat, but these are super tasty and quick to prepare canapés that can be enjoyed by clean eaters or not.
It took me a few years to start to really like rye bread and eating it toasted definitly made all the difference to me. If you think you hate rye bread but have never tried it well toasted and topped with a coconut oil fried egg…. give it a go!
This recipe doesn’t have to be used to make canapés, you can keep the rye bread whole and eat it for lunch or breakfast. Either way it is a delicious party for your taste buds.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Pineapple Macadamia Goats Cheese
- Clean Eating Mini Cheesecakes
- Clean Eating Cocktail Sausages
- Clean Eating Pesto Guacamole
- Clean Eating Guacamole
- Clean Eating Kale & Stuffing Frittata Cups
Clean Eating Smoked Salmon Canapés
- Yield: 8
These are super tasty and quick to prepare canapés that can be enjoyed by clean eaters or not.
- 1 slice Clean Rye Bread I used Biona Pumpkin Seed Rye
- 2 Tablespoon Soft Goats Cheese
- 1 handful Watercress
- 1-2 slices Smoked Salmon no added sugar
- 1 pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Toast the rye bread until nice and dry and crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, cut the rye bread into 8 equal pieces and spread each one with the goats cheese and top with a little black pepper.
- Place a couple of watercress leaves onto each piece add a small piece of smoked salmon to each one.
- Serve and enjoy!