Mexican chicken is always a winner in our house, it is so versatile you can serve it with wholegrain rice, sweet potatoes, wholegrain wraps or simply on top of a large salad. We have had this chicken a few weeks in a row now with roasted sweet potatoes and a side salad and it has been perfect!
You may also like:
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
- Yield: 4 - 6 Servings
Mexican chicken is always a winner in our house, it is so versatile you can serve it with wholegrain rice, sweet potatoes, wholegrain wraps or simply on top of a large salad.
- 500 grams Chicken Breast 4 small to medium chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 50 ml Water
- Place all of the spices and salt into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the spice mixture onto a plate and then dip each chicken breast into the mixture, coating both sides.
- Place the coated chicken breasts into the slow cooker and pour over any remaining spice mixture.
- Pour the water over the top of the chicken and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker onto LOW and cook for 6 hours.
- Once cooked, shred up the chicken and stir it into the remaining liquid.
- Serve with roasted sweet potatoes and a large side salad.