You can create such flavourful food with just a few simple ingredients. Lemon, ginger and garlic (and chilli) are a winning combination of flavours and they are so clean, so natural and so good for you!
This meal was awesome, not only because my slow cooker did all the work for me, but because it just tasted like a bowl of heaven. I was super excited for my husband to get in from work to try it, until he called me from the drive because he had pulled something in his back and couldnt move. 1 1/2 hours later, 1 paramedic, gas and air, a double dose of painkillers, helpful loving family and just 6 steps into the house, he enjoyed his cold dinner…. from a bar stool, as that was the only way he could sit down! Poor (old) chap!
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Lemon, Ginger & Garlic Chicken Thighs are a perfect example of how not boring clean eating can be. They are fresh and delicious, simple and super nutritious served over wholegrain rice with some steamed green vegetables.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken
- Clean Eating Slow Cooker Lamb Shanks
- Clean Eating Slow Cooker Curried Chicken
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Lemon, Ginger & Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Yield: 4 Servings
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Lemon, Ginger & Garlic Chicken Thighs is the perfect meal to demonstrate how not boring clean eating can be. It is fresh and delicious, simple and super nutritious served over wholegrain rice with some steamed green vegetables.
- 6 Skinless/Boneless Chicken Thighs approx 500g
- 1 Lemon
- 1 thumbsize piece of Peeled Fresh Ginger
- 3 good size Garlic Cloves
- 1 pinch Dried Chilli Flakes optional
- Place the chicken thighs flat at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into a bowl or jug. Finely grate in the ginger and the garlic. Whisk to combine.
- Carefully pour the lemon mixture over the top of the chicken thighs, making sure that everything gets a good coating.
- Place the lid on the slowcooker and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Once cooked, shred up the chicken with two forks and stir it back into the remaining slow cooker juices.
- Serve over wholegrain rice with steamed broccoli and top with dried chilli flakes if desired.