You can never have enough slow cooker recipes in my opinion! I would use my slow cooker every day if I could find enough variety in the meals I usually cook in it. That is my mission this year, to come up with as many different, (but delicious) clean slow cooker meals.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
This recipe turned out really well. I am usually not too adventurous when it comes to cooking but using fennel for the first time in my slow cooker really paid off.
This chicken is so flavourful and juicy, perfect over mashed sweet potatoes and steamed veggies. And the best thing about it is that you put in minimal effort but get out maximum flavour! Yum!
Helpful Note: I used chicken legs for this recipe because they are inexpensive and tasty but feel free to use chicken breasts instead.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
- Clean Eating Slow Cooker Curried Chicken
- Clean Eating Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Garlic Fennel Chicken
- Yield: 4 Servings
This chicken is so flavourful and juicy, perfect over mashed sweet potatoes and steamed veggies. Yum!
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- 4 Chicken Legs or chicken breasts
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice 2 small lemons
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced or finely grated
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Fennel Seeds
- Wash and trim the fennel bulb and cut it in half lengthways. Cut out and disgard the core from the bottom and then slice each half of the fenel bulb.
- Place the sliced fennel into the bottom of your slow cooker and top with the chicken legs/breast - skin removed.
- Place the lemon juice into a jug or bowl and mince/grate in the garlic. Mix in the fennel seeds and the pour the mixture on top of the chicken.
- Place the lid onto the slow cooker and cook for 6+ hours.
- Liquid accumulates whilst cooking, so once cooked, take out the chicken and remove all of the bones carefully from the legs and shred up the chicken.
- Place the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and stir into the remaining liquid and the sliced fennel.
- Serve with mashed sweet potato and steamed vegetables.