Turkey Tacos are a favourite in our house and now that I have my Clean Eating Tortilla Wrap recipe I have an extra reason to make Mexican for dinner.
This recipe came about years ago when we had some leftover taco mince in the fridge. It was just me and my big boy home for dinner and I wasnt sure how the turkey would reheat in a pan on its own (we don’t own a microwave and I guess that I didnt think to add water… duh!) so I added a sachet of salsa to it and heated it up. It was amazing – not quite clean, but super tasty! Now that I have found a clean salsa on the market I was excited to make this again, except not out of leftovers but from scratch.
Clean Eating Salsa Turkey Tacos are another yummy way to get your Mexican fix. They are moist and juicy and packed with flavour. You can serve them in homemade tortilla wraps or in taco shells. We also like to eat our taco mince on a salad with some corn chips (see middle photo).
Helpful Tip: I use Clive’s Organic Tomato and Pepper Salsa – I buy it from Ocado.
You can check out more delicious turkey recipes from our fabulous sponsors, British Turkey.
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Mexican Turkey Tacos
- Clean Eating Oven Baked Mexican Fajitas
- Clean Eating Turkey Chilli
Clean Eating Salsa Turkey Tacos
- Yield: 4+ Servings
Clean Eating Salsa Turkey Tacos are another yummy way to get your Mexican fix. They are moist and juicy and packed with flavour. You can serve them in homemade tortilla wraps or in taco shells. We also like to eat out taco mince on a salad with some corn chips.
- 1 teaspoon Oil of choice I used Avocado Oil
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 500 grams Turkey Breast Mince
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder/Granuals
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder/Granuals
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder or more if you like it hotter
- 200 grams Clean Salsa I use Clives brand
- 100 ml Water
- Place the oil and the onion into a saucepan and heat over a medium/low heat for 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the turkey mince to the onions and cook whilst breaking the meat up with your wooden spoon until it is no longer pink.
- Once cooked, add the garlic and all of the spices to the pan and stir.
- Add the salsa and water and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, turn the heat down to medium low and let it simmer away with the lid on for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, serve and enjoy.