I wish I’d had all of these meat free recipes a few years ago when I did a 21 day vegan cleanse. It may have made my experience a little more enjoyable.
When you take meat out of your diet it is really important to replace the protein and any vitamins and minerals that you may be missing out on with a vegetarian or vegan alternative. Lentils are a great source of protein and they are cheap and easy to use too.
Once you have diced up all of these summer veggies, this dinner is a breeze to put together. I always use pre cooked lentils from a carton or a tin, they are so handy to have in your kitchen cupboards for those days when you have nothing else on hand.
Do you ever get stuck for ideas when it comes to healthy eating? You can keep up to date with all of my new clean and delicious recipes by subscribing to my free newsletter. It is quick and easy to subscribe and you will receive all of the new recipes right to your inbox. Click here to sign up!
You may also like:
- Clean Eating Roasted Vegetable Spaghetti
- Clean Eating Italian Spelt Pasta Salad
- Clean Eating Lentil Bolognese
Clean Eating Roasted Veggies & Lentil Pasta
- Yield: 4 Servings
I wish I'd had all of these meat free recipes a few years ago when I did a 21 day vegan cleanse. It may have made my experience a …
- 1 Courgette diced
- 1 Yellow Pepper diced
- 1 Red Onion diced
- 125 grams Mushrooms diced
- 160 grams Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil plus 1 tsp
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt divided
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 200 grams Wholegrain Spelt Frusilli
- 2 tins/cartons Lentils drained and rinsed
- 1 Garlic Clove minced/inely grated
- 1 handful Fresh Basil
- 2 Tablespoons Feta Cheese or Nutritional Yeast to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180*C.
- Place the diced veggies onto a baking tray and pour over 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Sprinkle over the thyme, dried basil, 1/8 tsp sea salt and black pepper and toss to combine.
- Place into the oven and roast for 25 minutes.
- During the last 5 - 10 minutes cook the pasta and the lentils together in a pan of boiling water according to the pasta instructions (mine took 5 minutes).
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and the lentils and pour over 1 tsp olive oil, 1/8 tsp sea salt, garlic and fresh basil.
- Add the roasted veggies and toss to combine.
- Serve with Feta Cheese or Nutritional Yeast.